Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Vegan | Fructose Friendly | Low Carb
The flaxseed crackers are one of my favourite recipes to date! They are the perfect accompaniment to your cheese board during the festive season or I crush them up and add to my salad during the week. You really can do what you want with them. A few benefits of the crackers include:
- High in fibre, resutling in more regular bowel movements and low net carbohydrate content.
- Full of good healthy fats, inluding Omega 3 which is great for cognitive function and inflammation.
- Complex carbohydrates, keeing you feel full for longer and regulation of your blood sugar levels to help avoid that 3pm slump.
Healthy Tip: Top 6-8 crackers with wholesome veggies, goat's feta, nut spread or Vegemite as an afternoon snack.
½ cup flaxseeds
¼ cup pumpkin and sunflower seeds
¼ cup tablespoons sesame seeds
¼ cup LSA or almond meal
1/8 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ - 1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil (optional)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoon psyllium husk
½ cup water
- Add an additional ¼ cup tablespoons poppy seeds, ¼ cup hemp seeds, ¼ cup water. I use the Australian brand My Hemple, for my hemp seeds, which can be purchased online (free delivery) or via various stockists.
- Reduce the garlic infused olive oil to only ½ teaspoon.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine psyllium husk and water in a large glass. Let this sit for 5-10 minutes until it’s formed a gel like consistency.
Mix the flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, almond meal, chia seeds, chilli flakes, salt, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the psyllium husk gel and coconut oil to the bowl and mix through thoroughly. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, to allow the chia to absorb the water.
Scoop the mixture out on to your lined baking tray. Using the back of a spoon or a silicone spatula and your fingers to smooth the mixture out evenly. It should not be more than 5mm thick. See Image 1 & 2.
Bake the mixture in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes. Ensure you check the oven to make sure it is not burning.
Remove from oven and cut into smaller pieces to form crackers. Allow the crackers to cool completely. You can store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Image 1 Image 2
#flaxseed #flaxseedcrackers #flackers #ketocrackers #lowcarbcrackers #glutenfreecrackers #hempseedcrackers #flaxseedandchiacrackers #paleoflaxseedcrackers #marksgonecrackers #superseedcrackers #marysgonecrackers #crackers #savourycrackers #savourysnacks #cheeseboardcrackers #vegancrackers #lowedmapsnacks #hempseed #crackerrecipe #flaxseedcrackerrecipe #flaxseedcrackersrecipe #fibre #highfibre #fibrecrackers #Gigicrackers #fiber