Double Chocolate & Hazelnut Cookies
Gluten Free | Paleo
My gluten free double chocolate & hazelnut cookies are an absoulte winner. Gooey in the middle, with extra crunch from the hazelnuts and almonds. These refined sugar free bad boys are the perfect afternoon snack or post dinner treat. Make a batch and tell me what you think!
1 ¼ cups almond meal
2 tablespoons cacao powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
¼ cup chopped almonds
4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon nut butter
¼ cup dark chocolate, chopped
¼ cup milk chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add the almond meal, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, hazelnut and almonds into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Mix the wet ingredients (rice malt syrup, coconut oil and nut butter) in a small bowl, until well combined.
4. Whisk the egg, then add it to the dry ingredients along with the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fold the chocolate into the mixture.
6. Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls and place on a baking tray. Flatten the balls with a fork.
7. Bake the cookies for approximately 20 minutes.
Dairy Free variation: Replace dark and milk chocolate with a dairy free chocolate alternative from brands such as Pana Organics or Loving Earth.