Gluten Free | Dairy Free
A Beef Bolognese sauce can be made ahead of time so it's ready to go when dinner hits! It's a classic family favourite and a great protein and iron source.
If you go back and read my Who said you can’t eat pasta with a low carb lifestyle?
article I have showed you the different low carb noodle options you can have with the Bolognese Sauce.
As mentioned, I love to eat my bolognese with zucchini noodles "zoodles" and edamame pasta as they are low carb especially the edamame because it's low carb, low calorie whilst still being high in fibre and protein! It's a no brainer.
500g beef mince
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVVO)
1 tablespoon garlic*
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
½ cup spring onion
1 tablespoon dried oregano
½ cup parsley + stalks
½ cup (125ml) red wine
1 tin (400ml) tomatoes
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon sugar
* Swap for garlic infused EVOO for low FODMAP option
1. Chop spring onion and parsley, then mince garlic.
2. Pour olive oil in the in a medium size pot and place over medium heat on the stove.
4. Add wine to the pot and cook for a few minutes to cook off alcohol.r and oregano to the pot. Cook until the beef is browned.
4. Add wine to the pot and cook for a few minutesto cook off alcohol.
5. Turn heat down to low and stir through 1 tin tomatoes.
6. Add ¼ cup water to the empty tomato tin to get remaining tomato out, then pour into the pot.
7. Place the pot lid on and simmer the sauce for 1 hour or until the sauce has reduced by 25%.
8. Add ½ teaspoon sugar right at the end to offset the acidity of concentrated tomatoes.
9. Serve with your choice of noodles, then sprinkle with parmesan, fresh parsley and child flakes.
Just a word from Lane
Remember to tag me on Instagram if you re create this delicious recipe!
My handle is @lanewiederstein.
If you’re struggling with how to enjoy carbs on your weight loss journey, please book an appointment here. I can show you how to eat foods you love whilst losing weight.